Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Montys

If this were twitter I would have only 140 characters and already spent half. But it isn’t. This is about the Montys - one of those classic timeless traditions where humans actually eschew thumb communication and enjoy the grandest and most satisfactory of all interactive options: The one where you are actually face-to-face.

There are so many ways I could go about this. I could provide a post-game recap with facts and statistics. I could ramble from my insider’s perspective about event anxiety and relief. I could mention all the Aztec celebrities sitting courtside (so to speak). I could glowingly describe the fabulous body of work by the awardees, which would inevitably instill much pride. I could enthusiastically brag about the venue, the vignettes, the musical theater singers, the songs and lyrics, the production values, the food, the wine, the decorations, the joyousness of the presentations, the uplifting personas of so many Aztec alumni and the overall collective assessment that the event bespoke class.

But I won’t. You had to be there. Hopefully, next time you will join us.

No comments: