Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Brian Sipe

At 6:43 this morning I was pulling into PS 5 to go to work at the Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center. I saw Aztecs Quarterbacks Coach Brian Sipe walking up 55th Street. Since I was stopped at the left turn light I had the chance to observe Brian and I took some pride in seeing that he was staring at our beautiful new alumni center and its exquisite rotunda.

After all, this was Brian Sipe, Little League World Series champion, Aztec superstar, NFL MVP, accomplished architect, and outstanding high school football coach, among many other accomplishments. Here was a man whose extraordinary tangible achievements have only been exceeded by his extreme humility and graciousness.

And just as I was thinking we have to start rallying our alumni around the Aztec team that Coach Hoke and his staff have begun to put together, what did I see?

Brian Sipe leaned over and plucked a piece of trash off of the sidewalk and deposited it into the next trash can.

Perhaps this is the time for all of us Aztec fans to start pitching in.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It truly is a gorgeous building. We should all be proud. Congrats!

Greg Wilfahrt said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Jim... and Brian! I'll be at the Aztec game versus TCU on Saturtday with friends and family. We'll be proud. We'll be loud. And we hope you'll be there, too! Woo-hoo, Aztecs!-- Greg Wilfahrt

Kevin Casey said...

I am excited about the new Alumni Center and about the game on Saturday. I hope to see you there, Jim!